** UPDATE **
There is a Google Doc (link below) with a bigger list of needs. Please take a look and write your name next to anything you can bring. Thx!
The home right now is a wee bit bare. In fact, it’s completely empty. In order to avoid hackers sleeping on floors and using empty boxes as monitor stands, the home is gonna need some stuff. Ben has comprised the following lists of items he’s looking to put into the home:
- 4 beds (preferably metal twin bunk beds, able to support a grown person)
- 8 twin mattresses (2 per bunk)
- 8 sets of bed sheets/blankets
- Coffee Pot
- 4 small desks/tables
- 4 floor lamps
- 1 small kitchen table
- 4 kitchen chairs
- 2 couches
- 1 coffee table
- 1 bathroom caddy / cabinet
- 4 bedroom trash cans
- 1 kitchen trash can
- 4 chest of drawers/armoire closets for the rooms with no closets.
- 2 window AC/Heat units
- Lots of whiteboards (or whiteboard paint) + dry erase markers
- HD TV to hook up to Google Fiber TV
- Wall art
- 2 or 3 deck chairs for the front half-deck
- 2 or 3 more lounge/recliner chairs
- 4 small nightstands/end tables
If you or anyone you know has any of these items which can be donated (purchased?), please contact Ben directly at websiteguru [at] gmail [dot] com.
Also, if you have any other items not included in the lists which can be contributed, I’m sure they would be more than welcome and greatly appreciated.
Let’s help Ben and the Homes for Hackers program get off on the right foot!